Albuquerque Bilingual Academy (ABA) will begin its first campus improvement project in October 2021. This project was approved by the ABA board of education during its March 2021 meeting and a formal contract was entered into in May of 2021. The goals of the ABA improvement project include:
- Adhere to COVID safe practices by increasing space to promote social distancing
- Enhance elective/special classes for students through the creation of state of the art facilities to promote mental and physical wellness for ABA stakeholders
- Expand secondary school offerings by adding additional space to expand the ABA middle school and eventually add a high school
- Promote the ABA community school by providing community access to facilities (fee and non-fee based)
- Utilize facilities as a revenue stream based on a board-approved fee schedule with all proceeds used to support teaching and learning at ABA
Additional projects include the creation of outdoor classrooms, landscaping of the school's courtyard, and creation of a multiuse field that adds opportunity for expanded athletics at ABA while also creating an additional revenue stream for the school.