Albuquerque Bilingual Academy (ABA) follows lottery regulations set forth by the New Mexico Public Education Department.
*Please confirm by January 31, 2020 if your child is returning next fall for the 2020-2021 school year.
Students that submit letters of Intent after 01/31/2020 will be subject to entry into the ABA enrollment lottery with all new incoming students that wish to enroll for the 2020-2021 school year.
Important dates to remember for RETURNING STUDENTS:
- ABA Returning Students: Letters Of Intent to Return to ABA are due back to the office no later than 3:00 pm on Friday January 31, 2020.
- Registration for returning students (K-8) will be held February 3-7, 2020. Returning students must have a letter of intent to return on file for the upcoming (20-21) year. Registration hours will be 9:00 am-2:30 pm during the registration window at our Unser location.
Important dates to remember for NEW INCOMING STUDENTS:
Letter of Intent (Spanish)
Letter of Intent (English)
• Letters of Intent for “NEW STUDENTS for School Year 2020-2021” will be accepted starting February 3, 2020.
• Open house for Selected New Students in K-8 grades will be February 6 & 7, 2020 from 9:00 am-12:00 pm. Tours are available upon request.
Selection through a Lottery Process & Notification of Acceptance will have 3 sessions:
• 1st Lottery drawing will be February 20, 2020 at 3 pm. Selected students from Lottery #1 will be notified February 21, 2020 by 5:00 pm. Registration window for selected Lottery #1 students will be February 24 – February 28, 2020.
• 2nd Lottery drawing will be March 5, 2020 by 3:00 pm. Selected students from Lottery #2 will be notified March 6, 2020 by 5:00 pm. Registration window for selected Lottery 2 students will be March 9-13, 2020.
• 3rd Lottery drawing will be March 19, 2020. Selected students from Lottery #3 will be notified March 20, 2020 by 5:00 pm. Registration window for selected lottery 3 students will be March 23-27, 2020.
Any new Letter of intent received for new students will be put on the next scheduled lottery drawing.
New student documentation needed: Original Birth Certificate, Shot records, adult ID and guardianship documents if applicable.
*For additional information please contact Diana Diaz, Director of Operations/Registrar at 505-836-7706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Acknowledgement Forms
Bilingual Education Dual Language Program